- The definition of a skiver is a slice of leather or sheep skin used for binding books, or a tool that slices thin strips of leather.
- An example of a skiver is a thin slice of leather.
- An example of a skiver is a tool with a flat blade that runs along sheep skin to make thin slices.
skiver definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a soft, thin leather made from the outer half of split sheepskin and used for bookbindings, hat linings, etc.
- a person who skives leather
- a tool used in skiving leather
skiver definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One, such as a cutting tool, that skives.
- A soft thin leather split off the outside of sheepskin and used for bookbinding.