Variant of shotgun
- a smoothbore gun, usually used for firing a charge of shot at short range, as in hunting small game
- Football an offensive formation, esp. for passing, in which the quarterback takes the snap while standing several yards behind the line of scrimmageoften shotgun formation
transitive verb, intransitive verb
- done or made under duress
- with no fixed direction or target
- designating a long, narrow house, apartment, etc. with rooms arranged one behind the other
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.