- Present participle of share.
Vincent prefers sharing rides to the office with his coworkers because it saves money and the commute is more enjoyable.
An example of sharing is two children playing nicely together with a truck.
sharing - Computer Definition
(1) See Internet sharing.
(2) Sharing files allows other users access to the data on your computer. In Windows and Mac computers, individual folders can be made sharable, and there are predefined "public" folders that are automatically set to sharing (in Windows, starting with Vista). Read Sharing and Read/Write Sharing A folder set to "read" means its files can be viewed but not updated. A "read/write" status enables other users to delete and update files and copy new files into the folder. See share.
- It's as if she's sharing hers with me.
- He learned his lesson about sharing information with Sofi.
- They depended on each other, while sharing everything, and owned twelve beautiful estates around the world.
- She smiled at Fred, as if sharing their little joke.
- He wasn't opposed to having it, but he insisted on sharing it in fair business - and with his wife, more or less.