Variant of session
- the sitting together or meeting of a group; assembly, as of a court, legislature, council, etc.
- a continuous, day-to-day series of such meetings
- the term or period of such a meeting or meetings
- a school term
- a day when school is open for classes
- the governing body of a Presbyterian church, consisting of the minister and elders
- a period of activity of any kind: a session with the dentist
Origin: ME < L sessio < sedere, to sit
- sessional adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.