- Pertaining to a period, often an academic term or a sitting of a legislative body.
- CUPE 3902 is a labour union local representing sessional lecturers and teaching assistants (TAs) at the University of Toronto, Canada.
Variant of session
- the sitting together or meeting of a group; assembly, as of a court, legislature, council, etc.
- a continuous, day-to-day series of such meetings
- the term or period of such a meeting or meetings
- a school term
- a day when school is open for classes
- the governing body of a Presbyterian church, consisting of the minister and elders
- a period of activity of any kind: a session with the dentist
Origin of sessionMiddle English ; from Classical Latin sessio ; from sedere, to sit
officially meeting; assembled