- (video games, derogatory) The strategy of collecting easy rewards in unchallenging areas, e.g. when a high-level character visits levels suitable for low-level characters in roguelike games.
- (video games, derogatory) The act of restoring a game's save file for the purpose of continuing play with a better outcome than was obtained the first time.
Variant of scum
- a thin layer of impurities which forms on the top of liquids or bodies of water, often as the result of boiling or fermentation
- the dross or refuse on top of molten metals
- worthless parts or things; refuse
- Informal a low, despicable person, or such people collectively; lowlife
Origin of scumMiddle English ; from Middle Dutch schum, akin to German schaum, foam, scum, probably ; from Indo-European base an unverified form (s)keu-, to cover from source sky
to form scum; become covered with scum