(plural safe havens)
- A place of safety or refuge.
- A protected zone in a country, especially one designated for members of an ethnic or religious minority.
- An investment that would lose little of its value in the event of a stock market crash.
- A financially secure offshore bank or country during times of extreme uncertainty, or when domestic banks are suspected of becoming insolvent.
- The hours of the day when it is permissible for broadcasting radio stations in the United States to broadcast profanity over radio waves without fear of retribution from the FCC.
safe haven - Investment & Finance Definition
An investment that people transfer money into in times of turmoil and market uncertainty. Gold, U.S. Treasury bills, notes or bonds, and the Swiss franc are some safe havens for money fleeing trouble.