Sabellian[sə bel′ē ən, -bel′yən]
- a member of a group of ancient, pre-Roman peoples of Italy including the Sabines and Samnites
- an extinct group of languages of the Italic branch of Indo-European, probably most closely related to Oscan
Origin of Sabellian; from Classical Latin Sabelli, ancient name of the Sabines + -an
- Christianity An adherent of Sabellianism.
- See Sabellic.
- A speaker of a Sabellic language.
(comparative more sabellian, superlative most sabellian)
- Of or pertaining to the Sabellian language.
- A follower of the Roman Christian prelate and theologian Sabellius.
- A Modalistic Monarchian.
From Sabellius +â€Ž -an.