- coated with rust, as a metal, or affected with the disease of rust, as a plant
- consisting of or caused by rust
- not working freely, easily, or quietly because of, or as if because of, rust; stiff or rasping in operation
- impaired by disuse, neglect, etc.: to find one's golf game rusty
- having lost facility through lack of practice: to be a little rusty in chess
- having the color of rust
- faded, old-looking, or shabby
Origin of rustyMiddle English ; from Old English rustig
- Covered with rust; corroded.
- Consisting of or produced by rust.
- Of a yellowish-red or brownish-red color.
- Working or operating stiffly or incorrectly because of or as if because of rust.
- Weakened or impaired by neglect, disuse, or lack of practice.
(comparative rustier, superlative rustiest)
rust +"Ž -y