- a person who breaks horses so that they can be ridden
- a person who does much hard, rough riding
- ☆ a member of a volunteer cavalry regiment organized by Theodore Roosevelt and Leonard Wood for service in the Spanish American War (1898)
See roughrider in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A skilled rider of little-trained horses, especially one who breaks horses for riding.
- Rough Rider A member of the First U.S. Volunteer Cavalry regiment under Theodore Roosevelt in the Spanish-American War.