- on or near the banks of a river; riparian
- of, like, or produced by a river or rivers
- Relating to or resembling a river.
- a. Located on or inhabiting the banks of a river; riparian: a riverine settlement.b. Relating to a system of inland wetlands and deep-water habitats associated with nontidal flowing water, characterized by the absence of trees, shrubs, or emergent vegetation.
- Operating on or equipped to operate on rivers: riverine units of the Marine Corps.
(comparative more riverine, superlative most riverine)
- Of or pertaining to rivers, or located on or by a river
river +"Ž -ine