- Ripsnorter is a slang term for an active, wild or exciting person or thing.
An example of a ripsnorter is an extreme sports enthusiast who loves to make a lot of noise when celebrating his team's victory.
Slang a person or thing that is strikingly active, forceful, exciting, wild, rambunctious, etc.
One that is remarkable for strength, intensity, or excellence.
- a violently energetic or noisily outspoken person; someone using slambang methods
- "That venerable old ripsnorter defended the right of the clergy to drive fast horses" -- Phil Stong
- something extreme; humdinger
- "Yesterday's performance was a ripsnorter for gaiety, vigor, and general run-around" -- Virgil Thomson