David's riley reaction made it obvious that he disliked broccoli.
- The definition of riley means angry or upset.
An example of riley is an upset mother trying to protect her child.
- Riley means thick or muddy.
An example of something riley is a shaken bottle of muddy water.
- The phone was answered by a woman who identified herself as Mrs. Riley, a neighbor.
- He held the phone for a few moments while Mrs. Riley checked.
- The detective's knock was answered by a woman who introduced herself as Janice Riley, the neighbor he had spoken to on the phone.
- "Cindy's in the john," Mrs. Riley said nervously.
- Mrs. Riley jumped at the sound and bit her lip.