- rhumb line
- any of the 32 points of a mariner's compass
Origin of rhumbfrom Portuguese and Spanish rumbo, probably from Classical Latin rhombus: see rhombus
- A rhumb line.
- One of the points of the mariner's compass.
Origin of rhumbPossibly from Spanish or Portuguese rumbo course, direction ultimately from Latin rhombus rhombus ; see rhombus .
- (navigation) A line which crosses successive meridians at a constant angle
- (navigation) One of the 32 points of the compass (compass points)
- (navigation) A unit of angular measure equal to 1/32nd of a circle or 11.25Â°