The definition of a retweet is a reposting or the forwarding of a Twitter post from another Twitter user.
An example of retweet is a Twitter user quoting a discount on their Twitter status that another user has tweeted.
- It takes time, and sometimes it may seem random, but you'll accumulate more followers as people retweet your tweets, or people just stumble across your tweets in searches of their own.
- You can start your post off with "RT @username" and then pasting the post itself, or simply click on the retweet link that pops up when you hover your mouse over the tweet.
- Retweet - A retweet, or RT as it's called on Twitter, is the simple act of copying and pasting someone else's tweet while giving credit to the original author.
- Web Designer Depot - Here is a comprehensive overview of Twitter, addressing everything from how to register to what a "retweet" is.
- When you place your cursor over the tweet that interests you, you'll see options underneath: Favorite, Retweet, and Reply.