- When firecrackers make very loud booms that echo, this is an example of a resounding explosion.
- When you really definitely agree with something and say "Oh definitely, yes!" this is an example of a resounding yes.
The definition of resounding is something that is loud enough to reverberate, or is something very complete and definite.
- reverberating; ringing sonorously
- thoroughgoing; complete: a resounding victory
(comparative more resounding, superlative most resounding)
resound +"Ž -ing.
- Present participle of resound.