intransitive verb-·cat·ed, -·cat·ing
- to locate again
- to move to a new location
verbre·lo·cat·ed, re·lo·cat·ing, re·lo·cates
(third-person singular simple present relocates, present participle relocating, simple past and past participle relocated)
- to move (something) from one place to another.
- We had to relocate the magazine rack because we bruised our shins on it too frequently when it was near the door.
- (intransitive) to change one's domicile or place of business.
- Alfred relocated to Colorado Springs to take advantage of the boom in the defense industry.
from re- + locate