querulous[kwer′yo̵̅o̅ ləs, -yo̵o-, -yə-; kwer′o̵o-, kwer′ə-]
- The definition of querulous is complaining, often in an argumentative or unpleasant manner.
An example of querulous is a child whining loudly in the grocery store that she wants to go home.
- inclined to find fault; complaining
- full of complaint; peevish
Origin of querulousClassical Latin querulus ; from queri, to complain: see quarrel
- Given to complaining; peevish.
- Expressing a complaint or grievance; grumbling: a querulous voice; querulous comments.
Origin of querulousMiddle English querulose, litigious, quarrelsome, from Old French querelos, from Late Latin querulōsus, querulous, from Latin querulus, from querī, to complain; see kwes- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more querulous, superlative most querulous)