A state of northeast Australia on the Coral Sea and the Gulf of Carpentaria. Originally part of the colony of New South Wales, it became a separate state in 1859. Brisbane is the capital and largest city.x
- MORETON BAY CHESTNUT, a tall tree known botanically as Castanospermum australe (natural order Leguminosae), native of Queensland and New South Wales.
- Araucaria Cunninghami, the Moreton Bay pine, is a tall tree abundant on the shores of Moreton Bay, Australia, and found through the littoral region of Queensland to Cape York Peninsula, also in New Guinea.
- Into the continent, and sweeping sometimes across western and southern Queensland to the northern interior of New South Wales.
- Rainfall band circles across the continent through the middle of the Northern Territory, embraces the entire centre and south-west of Queensland, with the exception of the extreme south-western angle of the state, and includes the whole of the interior of New South Wales to a line about 200 m.
- M., comprising half of Queensland, the Northern Territory, and the northwestern divisions of Western Australia.