quadruplicate[kwä dro̵̅o̅′pli kāt′; for adj. & n., -kit, -kāt′]
quadruplicate definition by Webster's New World
Origin: ; from Classical Latin quadruplicatus, past participle of quadruplicare, to quadruple ; from quadruplex: see quadruplex
- designating the fourth of identical copies
- Math. raised to the fourth power
- quadruplication noun
quadruplicate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Multiplied by four; quadruple.
- Fourth in a group of four identical things.
Origin: Latin quadruplicātus, past participle of quadruplicāre, to multiply by four, from quadruplex, fourfold : quadru-, quadri-, quadri- + -plex, -fold; see duplex.
- quad·ruˈpli·cate·ly adverb
- quad·ruˌpli·caˈtion noun
quadruplicate - Phrases/Idioms