(countable and uncountable, plural quadrals)
- (grammar) A grammatical number referring to four (more) things.
- (mathematics) A set of points with all the combinatorial properties of a quadric (a quadric being the set of points of PG(n, q) whose coordinates satisfy a quadradic equation).
- (in discussions of the rhythm of written works)
- (grammar) Referring to four (more) things; of, in or relating to the quadral grammatical number.
- (mathematics) Of or relating to quadral polynomials.
- No instance of this grammatical phenomenon has been attested in human languages. See also w:Grammatical number.
From New Latin quadralis, from quadru- (“four-”) + -alis