Origin of Q-tipfrom Q-Tips, a trademark for such swabs
a swab consisting of a short stick of wood, paper, or plastic with wads of cotton at one or both ends
- While all polish comes with its own brush, you may find you have better luck applying stripes or patterns with less traditional nail supplies, such as an orangewood stick, toothpick, or even a Q-tip with the cotton removed.
- For a smoky eye look, apply a neutral base eye shadow from lash line to brows, line your eyes along the lash line with a dark eyeliner pencil, and smudge with your fingers or a Q-Tip to soften the look.
- Taking a DNA sample is as easy as swabbing your dog's mouth with a Q-tip and sealing the swab in a test tube provided with the DNA test kit.
- Remove the grinder from the jar and use a Q-tip dipped in the alcohol to remove any debris that's still on the grinder.
- For alkaline battery leak build-ups that are larger follow the same steps using a toothbrush instead of a Q-tip.