the art of making and using fireworks
Origin of pyrotechnicssee pyrotechnic
- a display of fireworks
- fireworks; esp., rockets, flares, smoke bombs, etc., as for signaling
- pyrotechnic devices in spacecraft
- a dazzling display, as of eloquence, wit, virtuosity, etc.
nounused with a sing. verb
- The art of manufacturing or setting off fireworks. Also called pyrotechny .
- A fireworks display.
- A brilliant display, as of rhetoric or wit, or of virtuosity in the performing arts.
From pyrotechnic +"Ž -ics.