transitive verb stored, storing
- to put aside, or accumulate, for use when needed
- to fill or furnish with a supply or stock: a mind stored with trivia
- to put, as in a warehouse, for safekeeping
- to be a place for the storage of
- Comput. to put or keep (information) on a disk, tape, etc.
ME storen < OFr estorer, to erect, furnish, store < L instaurare, to repair, restore, erect < in-, in- + -staurare < IE base *stā-, to stand
to undergo storage in a specified manner
- a supply (of something) for use when needed; reserve; stock
- supplies, esp. of food, clothing, arms, etc.
- ☆ a retail establishment where goods are regularly offered for sale
- a place where supplies are kept; storehouse; warehouse
- a great amount or number; abundance
ME < OFr estor < the v.
of a kind sold in stores; being a commercial or mass-produced article