Pussyfoot is to walk cautiously or to act in a way to avoid commitment.verb
- An example of to pussyfoot is to walk quietly around a sleeping baby.
- An example of to pussyfoot is to shy away from telling someone how you feel about them.
The definition of a pussyfoot is someone who walks quietly.noun
An example of a pussyfoot is someone tiptoeing around the house.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to move with stealth or caution, like a cat
- to shy away from a definite commitment or from taking a firm stand
- pussyfooter noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
intransitive verb puss·y·foot·ed, puss·y·foot·ing, puss·y·foots
- To move stealthily or cautiously.
- Informal To act or proceed cautiously or timidly to avoid committing oneself.
- pussˈy·footˌer noun