- The definition of a pussyfoot is someone who walks quietly.
An example of a pussyfoot is someone tiptoeing around the house.
- Pussyfoot is to walk cautiously or to act in a way to avoid commitment.
- An example of to pussyfoot is to walk quietly around a sleeping baby.
- An example of to pussyfoot is to shy away from telling someone how you feel about them.
One boy pussyfoots up to another.
pussyfoot definition by Webster's New World
- to move with stealth or caution, like a cat
- to shy away from a definite commitment or from taking a firm stand
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- pussyfooter noun
pussyfoot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb puss·y·foot·ed, puss·y·foot·ing, puss·y·foots
- To move stealthily or cautiously.
- Informal To act or proceed cautiously or timidly to avoid committing oneself.
- pussˈy·footˌer noun