- a soft, moist, formless mass that sticks together
- the soft, juicy part of a fruit
- the pith inside the stem of a plant
- the soft, sensitive tissue in the center of a tooth, including blood vessels, nerves, etc.
- a mixture of ground-up, moistened cellulose material, as wood, linen, rags, etc., from which paper is made
- ore ground to a powder and mixed with water
- ☆ a magazine printed on rough, inferior paper stock made from wood pulp, usually containing sensational stories of love, crime, etc.
Fr pulpe < L pulpa, flesh, pulp of fruit
☆ of or characteristic of pulp magazines