Variant of projection
- a projecting or being projected
- something that projects, or juts out
- something that is projected; specif., in map making, the representation on a plane of the earth's surface (or the celestial sphere) or of a part thereof
- a prediction or advance estimate based on known data or observations; extrapolation
- Psychiatry the unconscious act or process of ascribing to others one's own ideas, impulses, or emotions, esp. when they are considered undesirable or cause anxiety
- Photog. the process of projecting an image, as from a transparent slide, upon a screen, etc.
Origin of projectionMiddle French ; from Classical Latin projectio