Procurement is the act of getting something, particularly military supplies.
An example of procurement is getting enough guns to equip an army.
(countable and uncountable, plural procurements)
- (uncountable) The purchasing department of a company.
- (countable) The act of procuring or obtaining; obtainment; attainment.
- He was responsible for the procurement of materials and supplies.
- I have a lot of experience in the procurement of construction materials and sub-contracts.
- Efficient contrivance; management; agency.
- They think it done by her procurement. -Dryden.
procurement - Computer Definition
The fancy word for "purchasing." The procurement department within an organization manages all the major purchases.