Prince CharmingPrince Charming
- the romantic hero in various fairy tales, as Cinderella
- a man who embodies or fulfills a woman's fondest romantic hopes
Origin of Prince Charmingpartial translated, translation of French Roi Charmant, King Charming, hero in L'Oiseau Bleu (The Blue Bird), a fairy tale by M. C. d'Aulnoy (1650?-1705)
also prince charming
A man who fulfills one's romantic expectations.
Origin of Prince CharmingAfter Prince Charming , hero of such fairy tales as Cinderella alteration of earlier King Charming , hero of the play King Charming (1850) by British dramatist James Robinson Planché and ultimately modeled on Frenchroi Charmant , hero of the fairy tale L'Oiseau bleu (1698) by French author Marie-Catherine Le Jumel de Barneville, Baronne d'Aulnoy roi king charmant charming
(plural Prince Charmings)
- Any fictional character who is a prince and hero of a fairy-tale.
- (by extension) A heterosexual woman's prototypical ideal romantic partner, especially but not necessarily if he embodies common characteristics of the fictional princes, such as being courageous or chivalrous.
- She's still unmarried because she is waiting for her Prince Charming... and he may not exist.
Part-translation of French Roi Charmant (“King Charming").