pressure cookerpressure cooker
- an airtight metal container for quick cooking by means of steam under pressure
- any place or situation characterized by emotional pressure, urgent and persistent demands, etc.
- An airtight metal pot that uses steam under pressure at high temperature to cook food quickly.
- Informal A situation or an atmosphere of difficulty, stress, or anxiety: “placing children into social, educational pressure cookers” (Fred M. Hechinger).
(plural pressure cookers)
- Alternative spelling of pressure cooker.