- a hunter who kills game indiscriminately, disregarding the rules of sport
- a person who enters contests merely to win prizes
- Informal an amateur archaeologist
- One who hunts game for food, ignoring the rules of sport.
- One who participates in contests simply to win prizes.
- A person who seeks artifacts from past civilizations for personal use, sometimes by illegal means, without adhering to professional standards of archaeology.
- (hunting for food): pot shot, potshot
pot +"Ž hunter - in hunting sense, “for the (cooking) pot (to eat)"; in the archeology sense, “seeking old pots (to sell)".