- happening, done, or made after death
- having to do with a postmortem examination
Origin of postmortemL, literally , after death
- postmortem examination
- a detailed examination or evaluation of some event just ended
Also written post-mortem
- Occurring or done after death.
- Of or relating to a medical examination of a dead body.
- See autopsy.
- Informal An analysis or review of a finished event.
Origin of postmortemLatin post mortem : post, afterward; see post– + mortem, accusative of mors, death; see mer- in Indo-European roots.
- post mor′tem
- Alternative spelling of post mortem.