- an organ voluntary played at the end of a church service
- a musical selection that concludes a performance
Origin of postludepost- + (pre)lude
- Music a. An organ voluntary played at the end of a church service.b. A concluding piece.
- A final chapter or phase.
Origin of postludepost– + (pre)lude.
(third-person singular simple present postludes, present participle postluding, simple past and past participle postluded)
- (rare) To form a postlude (to); to end with a postlude.
From post- + Latin ludus (â€œplayâ€) (modelled on prelude).