(comparative more plugged-in, superlative most plugged-in)
- Alternative form of plugged in.
(comparative more plugged in, superlative most plugged in)
- (not comparable, of an electric device) With it's plug properly connected to the electric plug socket.
- Check if the television is plugged in.
- (colloquial, by extension) Fully aware; in a state of keeping up with current information about a topic; engaged wholeheartedly in a task or cause; connected; informed; involved.
- By subscribing to this magazine, you can stay plugged in to current issues.
- My new boss is much more plugged in to the needs of his employees than my last boss.
- Even the most plugged-in politics enthusiasts had a hard time understanding his oblique references.
- simple past tense and past participle of plug in
- I plugged in the television.
plugged in - Computer Definition
Connected physically by inserting a plug into a socket, or connected virtually by being able to access information that is not generally available to the public.