Variant of plot
- a small area of ground marked off for some special use: garden plot, cemetery plot
- a chart or diagram, as of a building or estate
Origin: short for complota secret, usually evil, project or scheme; conspiracy
- the arrangement of the incidents in a play, novel, narrative poem, etc.
Origin: Middle English from OE, piece of land: some meanings influenced, influence by complot
- to draw a plan or chart of (a ship's course, etc.)
- to mark the position or course of on a map
- to make secret plans for: to plot someone's destruction
- to plan the action of (a story, etc.)
- to determine or mark the location of (a point) on a graph by means of coordinates
- to represent (an equation) by locating points on a graph and joining them to form a curve
- to draw (the curve thus determined)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.