plink definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a light, sharp, ringing or clinking sound
transitive verb, intransitive verb
- to make such sounds on (a piano, banjo, etc.)
- to shoot at (tin cans or similar targets)
plink definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb plinked, plink·ing, plinks verb, transitive
- To cause to make a soft, sharp, metallic sound; clink.
- To shoot at casually.
- To make a soft, sharp, metallic sound.
- To shoot casually at random targets.
- plinkˈer noun