- The definition of playback is the reproduction of an already recorded sound or image.
An example of a playback is the replay of a recorded song to hear the beginning of the chorus.
- reproduction of sounds, images, etc. from a recorded disc, tape, etc.
- the control or device for such reproduction on a player, recorder, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of replaying a newly made audio or video recording, as to monitor quality.
- A method of or an apparatus for reproducing sound recordings: “switches on the playback of a telephone-answering machine” (Vanity Fair).
playback - Computer Definition
Causing an audio source to be amplified through speakers or a video source to be rendered on screen. See media player.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.