- a finished slit with a fastener, as at the waist of a skirt or collar of a shirt, to make it easy to put on and take off
- a pocket, esp. in a woman's skirt
- a petticoat
Origin of placketprobably altered ; from placard, in obsolete sense “breastplate, top of skirt”
- An opening or slit in a garment, as at the collar or sleeve of a shirt, that makes the garment easy to put on.
- A pocket, especially in a woman's skirt.
Origin of placketOrigin unknown.
- a slit or other opening in an item of clothing, to allow access to pockets or fastenings