pit stop definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a temporary stop in the pit by a racing car during a race to refuel, change tires, etc.
- any pause, for food, drink, etc., during a journey
- the place where such a pause is made
pit stop definition by American Heritage Dictionary
nounThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Sports A stop at a pit for refueling or service during an automobile race.
- Informal a. A brief stop for rest and refreshment, especially during an automobile trip.b. A place where such a stop is made.
pit stop - Phrases/Idioms
make a pit stop
Slang to visit a restroom