pit stoppit stop
- a temporary stop in the pit by a racing car during a race to refuel, change tires, etc.
- any pause for food, restroom use, etc. during a journey
- the place where such a pause is made
pit stop Idioms
make a pit stop
Slang to visit a restroom
- Sports A stop at a pit for refueling or service during an automobile race.
- Informal a. A brief stop for rest and refreshment, especially during a road trip.b. A place where such a stop is made.
(plural pit stops)
- (motor racing) A stop made during an automobile race at the pit to refuel and perform other periodic maintenance on the vehicle.
- A brief stop for fuel, rest and/or refreshment during an automobile journey.
- A stop during any pedestrian or automobile travel for any utilitarian personal purpose, especially use of a bathroom.
- A place that offers food, beverages, and other goods and services for those stopping on an automobile journey.
- A utilitarian stop on a figurative journey.