- a dugout canoe
- any canoe-shaped boat
Origin of pirogueFrench from Spanish piragua from Carib or Arawak
- A canoe made from a hollowed tree trunk; a piragua.
- Any of various boats usually propelled by paddling or poling, especially a light flatbottom boat with pointed ends.
Origin of pirogueFrench from Spanish piragua ; see piragua .
- A canoe of shallow draft, made by hollowing a log.
- A small flat-bottom boat of shallow draft. Specifically, a flat-bottom boat made of one four-feet by eight-feet piece of plywood, the bottom being a two-feet eight-inches wide eight-feet long pointed-ends lengthwise-centered oval cut from the piece, and the boat's sides being comprised of the two remaining pieces attached lengthwise to the outside edges of the oval.
- A style of pasta shaped as a miniature canoe folded over.