(third-person singular simple present pieces, present participle piecing, simple past and past participle pieced) together
- To physically assemble (reassemble) from fragments or pieces.
- The community pieced together a quilt using a square stitched in each household.
- It took years for the archeologist to piece together the fragments of the shattered vase.
- (figuratively) To reconstruct an event or goal from incomplete or flawed elements.
- The detective painstakingly collected clues to piece together what happened that tragic night.