- tendency toward: hemophilia
- strong or abnormal attraction to: Anglophilia, coprophilia
Origin of -philiaModern Latin from Classical Greek philia, fondness
- Tendency toward: hemophilia.
- Attraction to or preference for: Anglophilia.
- Abnormal attraction to: necrophilia.
Origin of -philiaNew Latin from Greek -philiā -philos -phile -iā -ia
(countable and uncountable, plural philias)
- (pathology) Forming words meaning "an abnormal liking for or tendency towards a given thing". See paraphilia.
Ancient Greek Ï†Î¹Î»Î¯Î± (philia, “(fraternal) love").