- It is often given in conjunction with antibiotics to combat side effects such as itching, dizziness and blurred vision.
- It is often given with some chemotherapy drugs to combat side effects of nausea during the administration.
- It is used as a sleep aid. Phenergan usually makes the patient very sleepy.
- It is an antihistamine for allergies, particularly seasonal allergies.
- It is used in a number of cases as a preoperative sedative.
- It is used to lessen morning sickness during pregnancy.
- It is useful for the treatment of motion sickness, both as a drug to combat and treat nausea.
- If combined with codeine and dextromethorphan, Phenergan can even be used as a good cough remedy.
- Dry mouth
- Restless legs
- Short temper
- Compromised pulmonary functions
The definition of phenergan is a drug used as a sedative.
Uses For Phenergan
Side Effects of Phenergan
Improper injection of the drug can lead to severe tissue damage, gangrene and can lead in some cases to amputation of affected limbs.
An example of phenergan is a drug with a black box warning that warns about possibility of tissue damage if administered incorrectly.