Having or supported by a pedicel.
(comparative more pedicellate, superlative most pedicellate)
- Having (supported by) a pedicel
Variant of pedicel
- the stalk of a single flower, fruit, leaf, etc.
- the stalk of a grass spikelet
- a small, stalklike structure or support, as the stalk of a sessile organism or the second segment of an insect's antenna
- a small, footlike organ or part
Origin of pedicelModern Latin pedicellus, diminutive of Classical Latin pediculus, diminutive of pes (gen. pedis), foot