- the act, event, or time of payment
- a settlement or reckoning
- that which is paid off; return: recompense
- Informal a bribe
- Informal something coming as a climax or culmination to a series of events, esp. when unexpected or improbable
- The return on an investment.
- The discharge of a debt or obligation.
- The benefit gained as the result of a previous action.
- The climax of a narrative or sequence of events.
- An amount paid to a plaintiff to settle a lawsuit out of court.
- A bribe.
- Alternative spelling of pay-off.