- the act, event, or time of payment
- a settlement or reckoning
- that which is paid off; return: recompense
- Informal a bribe
- Informal something coming as a climax or culmination to a series of events, esp. when unexpected or improbable
See payoff in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. Full payment of a salary or wages.
b. The time of such payment.
a. A final settlement or reckoning.
b. The climax of a narrative or sequence of events.
- Final retribution or revenge.
- Informal A bribe.
Learn more about payoff