- An example of pathy as a suffix is apathy, which is the lack of feeling.
- An example of pathy as a suffix is myopathy, which is the disease of a muscle.
- An example of pathy as a suffix is homeopathy, which is a natural medical treatment.
Pathy is defined as a feeling or suffering, a disease or the treatment for a disease.
- feeling, suffering: telepathy
- disease: neuropathy
- treatment of disease: osteopathy, homeopathy
Origin of -pathyModern Latin ; from -pathia ; from Classical Greek -patheia ; from pathos: see pathos
- Feeling; suffering; perception: telepathy.
- a. Disease: neuropathy.b. A system of treating disease: homeopathy.
Origin of -pathyGreek -patheia, from pathos; see kwent(h)- in Indo-European roots.
- (informal) A therapy
From the suffix -pathy
From Ancient Greek Ï€Î¬Î¸Î¿Ï‚ (pathos, “suffering").