Variant of paragraph
- a distinct section or subdivision of a chapter, letter, etc., usually dealing with a particular point: it is begun on a new line, often indented
- a mark (¶) used as by proofreaders to indicate the beginning of a paragraph or as a sign marking material referred to elsewhere
- a brief article, item, or note in a newspaper or magazine
Origin: MFr paragraphe from Old French from Midieval Latin paragraphus, origin, originally , sign marking separation of parts, as of a chapter from Glassical Greek paragraphos from para-, beside (see para-) plush graphein, to write (see graphic)
- to mention in a paragraph or paragraphs
- to separate or arrange in paragraphs
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.