a German armored vehicle, esp. a tank used in WWII
Origin of panzerGer, armor from Middle High German panzier from Old French pancier from Italian pancia, belly from Classical Latin pantex: see paunch
of or pertaining to a panzer vehicle or division
A German armored vehicle, such as a tank, especially of the type used during World War II.
- Of or equipped with armored vehicles: a panzer division.
- Of or relating to an armored division.
Origin of panzerGerman short for Panzerdivision armored unit from Panzer tank, armor from Middle High German panzier armor from Old French pancier armor for the belly from pance belly ; see paunch .
- A tank, especially a German one of World War II.
- (sometimes capitalized) Of or relating to the armoured units employed by the German forces in World War II.
- Alternative capitalization of panzer