Origin of panzerGer, armor from Middle High German panzier from Old French pancier from Italian pancia, belly from Classical Latin pantex: see paunch
- Of or equipped with armored vehicles: a panzer division.
- Of or relating to an armored division.
Origin of panzerGerman short for Panzerdivision armored unit from Panzer tank, armor from Middle High German panzier armor from Old French pancier armor for the belly from pance belly ; see paunch .
- A tank, especially a German one of World War II.
- (sometimes capitalized) Of or relating to the armoured units employed by the German forces in World War II.
- Alternative capitalization of panzer