An island of the central Philippines in the Visayan Islands northwest of Negros. Corn and rice are among its crops.
- ILOILO, a town, port of entry and the capital of the province of Iloilo, Panay, Philippine Islands, at the mouth of Iloilo river, on the S.E.
- Cabatuan, a town of the province of Iloilo, Panay, Philippine Islands, on a branch of the Suague river, 15 m.
- In Panay is Mt Madiaas (7264 ft.) and several other peaks exceeding 4000 ft.
- Iron ore has been found in other provinces of Luzon and in the islands of Cebu, Panay and Marinduque.
- Cebu in Cebu and Iloilo in Panay are ports of entry second and third in rank, although small in comparison with Manila; there are others of minor importance.