- A native or resident of Oxford.
- One who believes that Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, wrote the plays traditionally attributed to William Shakespeare of Stratford-Upon-Avon.
- (geology) The Oxfordian age or the system of rocks (chiefly coral-derived limestones) deposited during it, a subdivision of the Jurassic period.
(comparative more Oxfordian, superlative most Oxfordian)
- Of or pertaining to Oxford or its residents.
- Relating to or denoting the theory that Edward de Vere (1550–1604), Earl of Oxford, wrote the plays attributed to William Shakespeare of Stratford-Upon-Avon.
- Relating to or denoting an age in the Upper Jurassic period, lasting from about 157 to 155 million years ago. Also called Corallian.
Oxford + -ian