- A ballot showing the selection of more candidates or choices than are allowed in a given race or referendum.
- The number of such ballots cast in an election.
- (US, politics) A case in which a voter has marked a ballot for more choices than allowed by the rules
- (business) A case in which more votes are cast in a voter's name than allowed under the rules
(third-person singular simple present overvotes, present participle overvoting, simple past and past participle overvoted)
- (US, politics) To spoil a ballot by marking it for more choices than allowed by the rules
- (business) To cast more votes than allowed under the rules
over- +"Ž vote